The Ironmongers' University Scholarship scheme is intended to encourage young people to pursue careers which will benefit the iron and steel industry. The Company wishes particularly to support students from low income families who are unable to give them financial assistance.
The scheme offers bursaries of up to £5,000 p.a. for three or four years, depending on the duration of the course, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Bursaries will be considered for students who meet all of the following criteria.
- Studying for a first degree at a university in the UK.
- Course to start in autumn 2011.
- Subject related to ferrous metals, in particular civil and structural engineering, materials science, metallurgy and physics.
- Need for additional financial support over and above grants or bursaries available from local authority, university or other sources.
- Students should complete the attached application form and ask their parent(s) or guardian to complete the finance form.
- Completed applications should be sent to Helen Sant, Charities Manager, at the address below. The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 20th May 2011. Please note that applications are not accepted by email.
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview at Ironmongers' Hall on 30th June 2011.
Application Forms For Download
The Ironmongers' Foundation : Reg. Charity No. 238256